Fundraising at The Weiss School: Frequently Asked Questions

List of 8 frequently asked questions.

  • Q. Why an Annual Fund?

    As is typical for most independent schools, The Weiss School relies on its Annual Fund as an important component of its operating budget. Tuition covers approximately 79% of the annual operating budget. The remaining 21% is comprised of Annual Fund gifts, fundraising activities, corporate gifts, and other non-tuition income received from outside sources.
  • Q. Why does the school fundraise?

    The Weiss School is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Unlike public and charter schools, The Weiss School receives no local, state, or federal government funding. Tuition alone does not cover everything we have come to expect in our exemplary gifted educational program. The Board of Trustees approves a budget that relies on philanthropic support as one way to keep tuition as affordable as possible. Furthermore, philanthropic contributions provide an opportunity for donors to receive tax benefits while also supporting The Weiss School.
  • Q. How are Annual Fund dollars used?

    Annual Fund dollars are used to support Weiss School academic and extracurricular programs, facility enhancements, and unique school projects. 
  • Q. What is the goal of the Annual Fund?

    We ask all families to consider The Weiss School a philanthropic priority and the Annual Fund is the first and most important fundraising initiative each year. The goal of the Annual Fund is to raise $1,500 per student.
  • Q. What is the appropriate amount to give?

    We realize that all family circumstances are unique. Families are asked to give to the best of their ability and we understand that means different things at different times. Some families are able to give a substantial amount while others are only able to give more modestly. What matters most is the act of giving and that every family contributes what they can to support The Weiss School. Our history has shown that when everyone gives as generously as possible, we are able to ensure that The Weiss School programs remain excellent for gifted students.
  • Q. Are families receiving tuition assistance expected to participate?

    Yes. Gifts commensurate with each family's financial means are welcome and honored.
  • Q. Are gifts tax-deductible?

    Yes. The Weiss School is a nonprofit organization so all gifts and contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the IRS. Donors are always advised to seek guidance from their tax preparer to determine tax deductibility questions. The Weiss School Development Office provides donation acknowledgements for tax purposes for all gifts regardless of the amount of the donation.
  • Q. Can we make a pledge?

    Absolutely. Some families choose to make a one-time gift while other families make a pledge to make a contribution in the future. If you do indicate you are making a pledge, please fulfill your pledge commitment by April 29, 2022.
How are you going to continue the tradition of support for your alma mater? Give your time and your energy as well as your support monetarily, and together we can make the future great. We encourage you to support these efforts by giving online using the form below. Thank you!
    • Senior Pre-K performs during the holidays

The Weiss School is a co-ed private school that serves gifted students in PreK-3 through 8th grade in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. A Weiss School education prepares students to think analytically and creatively, act socially responsible, live vigorously, and create imaginatively in a warm and supportive educational environment.